Nationwide Research and Survey Methodology
American Choice Awards personnel works with Editors, category experts and screened category-specific shoppers to identify key areas of consumer interest. Brands are accepted into the category research as space permits. Our main concerns include knowing that participants have wide appeal, and they are consistent with the quality and focus of the American Choice Awards. Categories are 100% consumer-voted and all brands have an equal opportunity to win. Each participant learns valuable category and brand insights, with winners receiving the full category results, comparative brand analysis & cross-tabs.
The studies yield deep understandings and comparisons of brands and target-consumer opinions. The reports reveal current trends and opportunities that spark innovation.
- Brand highlights and information are entered onto the Consumer Ballots.
- Research and data collection is in the field with screened category-specific shoppers.
- Category Winners are privately notified as results are tabulated and certified.
Proprietary System / National Opinion Research Center
Nationwide consumer research is conducted using the M-CAP (Multimedia Consumer Aggregation Platform) and a proprietary balloting system developed with experts at the National Opinion Research Center at The University of Chicago. Screened Primary Shoppers are responsible for the primary shopping decisions in their households. Respondents judge category-specific criteria and other key factors including Quality, Sustainability, Value, Satisfaction and Recommendation Likelihood. A category universe of responses is set in order to achieve the requisite level of accuracy. Brands receiving the highest numerical scores in the key criteria are award-eligible.
Market Research-Based Results:
- Track brand awareness, acceptance, and engagement
- Define discrete market segments
- Assess key market drivers
- Track brand & category opinion timelines
- Develop or refine key product positioning and messaging
The Process Gleans:
- Values and behaviors of specific demographic groups
- Reactions to major current trends
- Purchasing habits
- Interests & attitudes
- Media habits
- Geographic insights
- Screened category-specific primary shoppers
- Results by gender, age, geography, and income
- Data to optimize assortment, pricing and promotions
- Improve marketing strategies and focal points
- Demographic insights and urban/rural breakdown
- State-level target data
- Zip code-prefix target data